Family Training Program
The Carolina Center for ABA and Autism Treatment is offering a family training program for families with children on the Autism Spectrum! This eight week program is designed to teach parents strategies to more effectively teach their child communication skills. Using evidence based practices pioneered by Brooke Ingersoll (2011); Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) have designed a program geared toward teaching parents to be the best service provider for their child. The program consists of one, 1 hour session per week, where parents are expected to actively participate, and complete "homework" (usually using strategies discussed in the lesson throughout the week), before moving on to the next topic.
- Session 1: Program Overview, Goal Development, & Set Up Your Home for Success
- Session 2: Follow Your Child's Lead, Imitate Your Child, Animation
- Session 3: Modeling & Expanding Language, Playful Obstruction, & Balanced Turns Part 1
- Session 4: Balance Turns Part 2: Modeling & Expanding Play, Commutative Temptations
- Session 5: Overview of Direct Teaching Techniques, Teaching Your Child Expressive & Receptive Language
- Session 6: Teaching Your Child Social Imitation & Play Skills
- Session 7: Review of Direct Teaching Techniques, & Putting it All Together
- Session 8: Update Goals, Putting it All Together, & Moving Forward
This program is available to current clients, new clients on the waitlist, and other families in the area.
**Eligible insurance plans cover this program!
For more information, please contact us at: info@CarolinaCenterForABA.com or call 919-371-2848